Friday, May 14, 2010

The Perfect Jacket


As I mentioned in my initial post, I love beautiful clothes. But like so many others, I am on a rather restricted budget. My solution? Voila! Thrift stores and tag sales turn into a magical treasure hunt for my latest obsessions. Currently (and always) I love jackets. It seems to be the one thing I can never have enough of - black, navy, patterns I love them all as long as they are the right shape and fit. I think I may have found the perfect jacket recently. While perusing through a rack of new arrivals at a local thrift store and spotted a beautiful shade of navy blue. Not too dark and not too bright but just right. I pulled the hanger and there hung the loveliest navy boucle jacket and skirt with small gold buttons. At first my heart raced because I spied a white tag and black writing and thought it might be...Chanel. Not to be. However this suit was made in France under a Saks Fifth Avenue label and is very nice quality. Even better, it fit me like a glove. Seems my latest "rosebud" seems to go with everything- striped sailor tees and flats to bow blouses and heels. A wonderful and versatile addition to my closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment