Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Original Rosebud

Once upon a time I had a beautiful moss green dress with a overlay of white organza covered in tiny rosebuds. The dress hung in my closet, as so many dresses do today, not worn and waiting for the perfect event. Time went by and as any child does, I grew and the rosebud dress no longer fit. I vividly remember trying it on and the sleeves felt too tight and the length too short. But this dress was special; I had worn it for Christmas and to birthday parties. I wanted it to last forever and stay in my closet so I could remember those special times.

The rosebud dress was eventually given away. Even at the age of 5, I felt a profound sense of loss for losing such a beautiful thing. I believe these memories of my first important dress began my love of fashion and beautiful clothes. I may never find a dress as lovely as that dress but my search continues and I will chronicle my journey here searching for "rosebuds' for my closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment