Friday, May 21, 2010

Khaki Green with Envy




For the past several months the fashion magazines and blogs have been filled with photos of military inspired looks. I guess it has soaked into my brain as I keep finding army-inspired looks. Mostly I am drawn to that dark olive color! Recently I found a great silk blouse of khaki green for $3.50 from my favorite department store brand: Nordstrom. This color seems to go with everything including safari type jackets, black jeans and multiple shades of denim. Over accessorizing this color does not work but I've found gold jewelry looks amazing with it. I've shown my new longer olive blouse with my favorite pendant, a vintage Givenchy piece I found on Ebay. I love the cobalt and grey colors on the pendant. I find myself wearing this piece with everything.


I have also been wearing this great field jacket I found for $6.99 at a thrift store from Old Navy. It is really versatile and has a low belt that can be removed and replaced with another type belt. The thing I like about it is it looks good loose fitting or wrapped around double with a big belt. I've worn it with a denim shirt and a flowered top. Guess I am green crazy because I also wore a great shade of bright green nail polish called "Spring Green" with this jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment