Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Young Victorian Obsession





I love movies and am constantly inspired by their fashion. Recently I have seen two movies, "Young Victoria" and "The Wolfman" starring Emily Blunt. I have liked her since her turn as the first assistant in "The Devil Wears Prada". However in her most recent movies she wore both early and late Victorian attire as well as as very minimalist makeup. I especially loved the clothes she wore in "The Wolfman" with ruffles sleeves and dark blue tones. I found a wonderful vintage I. Magnin jacket with ruffled collar and sleeves. The tag on the collar says the piece is a "Party Collectible" from Miss Magnin collection which I thought was such a cool idea- a whole line of separates working together as party clothes. The silhouette and color reminded me of the Victorian tone of Emily's costumes. The cornflower blue color in this jacket is in constant rotation in my closet. I wore the jacket with a black shell, gladiator sandals and dark skinny jeans with my hair pulled back in a loose ponytail with drop sapphire earrings for a modern Victorian look. Jacket is shown here with a lovely Ralph Lauren silk dress with my favorite rose pattern. Love the ruffle detail all over the sleeve and collar! What movies inspire you? Do you obsess on certain colors in your wardrobe?

No comments:

Post a Comment