Saturday, July 24, 2010

Out of the Closet







I have a very specific philosophy about closets. Might be my type A personality but the system works for me. I put certain types of clothes together- jackets, pants, blouses in a designated area. Once they are in the area, I sort into groups by color. My shoes are a different story- they are displayed randomly like pieces of art because they pretty much are! Plus they are easily accessible in their individual spots on shelves. I place my handbags and hats above everything because I don't access them as often and they are fun to have at eye level. I like having everything organized because then the closet feels more like a collection of things I love rather than a jumble of clothes. One rack is set aside for when fashion happens and I get an idea for an outfit. Ensembles are completely put together on hangers including accessories like scarves and jewelry for easy access when I need them. I also have a huge antique mirror hung in the closet for function and decor. Next to the mirror I hang my longer necklaces simply on nails to keep them from tangling. Finally, a small heart frame contains a photo of my grandma...my fashion inspiration and icon.

No comments:

Post a Comment